Vice Governor's Office
A progressive and responsive leadership in the legislative branch of the government in Bulacan, that actively promotes the over-all development of the province and its citizenry
- To provide leadership and direction to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Bulacan in the passing of resolutions and ordinances;
- To promote the making of resolutions and ordinances that is geared towards an efficient and effective administration of the province;
- To promote linkages with different sectors of the society for a more effective administration of the legislative functions;
- To support programs that promote the enhancement of skills and capabilities of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan employees, and exercise general supervision over all employees of the legislative branch of the Provincial Government.
- Presides over the sessions of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Legislative Body), and sign all warrants drawn on the Provincial Treasury of all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
- Appoints all officials and employees of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided under the Local Government Code Rule XVI, subject to civil service law, rules and regulations
- Assumes the office of the Governor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy
- Performs the duties and functions of the governor in cases of absence or temporary vacancy
PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS:
- Call Center Training Program - gives free lessons and on hands-training program for basic call center program to deserving Bulakenyos in different barangay and provide for their possible employment.
- Computer School on Wheels - gives free lessons and on hands-training for basic computer programming and computer technicians to out of school youths and any Bulakenyos in all barangay in the province.
- Damayang Filipino, Pangkabuhayan Mo Sagot Ko, Paunlarin Mo - gives grants to small scale development project that benefits Bulakenyos to start up their own small business
- Dunong Filipino - gives free legal consultation and seminar on existing laws, ordinances and resolutions of Sangguniang Panlalawigan to different Barangay Officials of the province of Bulacan
- Dugong Filipino - a Blood Letting Project of the Vice Governor to encourage Bulakenyos to donate blood for the use of other Bulakenyos
- Damayang Filipino - Medical Missions in cooperation with Non-Government Organizations and private entities for medicine distribution and other medical needs in different cities and municipalities of Bulacan
- Feeding Programs to malnourished children of Bulacan
Hon. Alexis C. Castro
Office of the Vice Governor
2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol Building
Malolos City, Bulacan, Philippines 3000
Tel: +63(44) 791-8172