Provincial Legal Office
- To uphold the rule of law governed by reason and conscience from which all legal action of the province would be based;
- To seek justice in every legal initiative or defense that the province would undertake;
- To advance the ideals of the province in creating a community that is guided by just and equitable law;
- To apply the servants;
- To advocate always and foremost the common good in giving legal opinions and recommending legal action for the Province and governing municipalities to undertake;
- To actively participate in advancing various causes in relation to the matter of law, that aims to better government services;
- To give sympathetic hand in the cry of the less fortunate in their quest for justice in the courts and other judicial and quasi-judicial bodies.
A juristic office that adheres to staunch, but conscientious advocacy of the rule of law towards achieving orderly institution and disciplined public servants and providing efficient legal services among the constituents of the province of Bulacan for the promotion of their legitimate interests and redress of grievances.
MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide legal assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of this Code;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor; as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with programs and projects related to legal services which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code.
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the legal officer shall:
- Represent the local government unit in all civil actions and special proceedings wherein the local government unit or any official thereof, in his official capacity, is a party: Provided, that in actions or proceedings where a component city or municipality is a party adverse to the provincial government or to another component city or municipality, a special legal officer may be employed to represent the adverse party;
- When required by the governor, mayor or sanggunian, draft ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases and other instruments involving any interest of the local government unit and provide comments and recommendations on any instruments already drawn;
- Render his opinion in writing on any question of law when requested to do so by the governor, mayor, or sanggunian;
- Investigate or cause to e investigated any local official or employee for administrative neglect or misconduct in office and recommend appropriate action to the governor, mayor, or sanggunian, as the case may be;
- Investigate or cause to be investigated any person, firm or corporation holding any franchise or exercising any public privilege for failure to comply with any term or condition in the grant of such franchise or privilege and recommend appropriate action to the governor, mayor or sanggunian, as the case may be;
- When directed by the governor, mayor, or sanggunian, initiate and prosecute, in the interest of the local government unit concerned, any civil action on any bond, lease or other contract upon any breach or violation thereof; and
- Review and submit recommendations on ordinances approved and execute orders issued by component units;
- Free Legal Assistance
- Legal Opinion/Recommendation
- Special Programs
- Represent the Provincial Government and other LGUs (Municipal & Barangay any/all official thereof in civil actions or proceedings thereof sadi LGUs officials involved as party defendants.
- Provides legal assistance/couseling/support/defense to the Indigent Constituents who seek assistance under the Legal Aide Program.
- Investigates or cause to be investigated any Local Officials and employees for administrative neglect or misconduct in office, and recommended appropriate action to the governor, mayor or sanggunian.
- Provides Legal Assistance/Counseling/Support/Defenses to the Indigent Constituents who seek assistance under the Legal Aide Program.
- Provide legal opinion and recommendation on resolutions/ordinance/actions passed by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan/Sangguniang Bayan/ Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sister Sanggunians.
Atty. Gabriel A. Silvera
Provincial Legal Office
2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol Building
Malolos City, Bulacan 3000 Philippines
Tel: +63(44) 791-8155 / 8156