Provincial Information Technology Office
The Provincial Information Technology Office is committed to:
- Enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Improve the delivery of basic services to the people
- Provide a mechanism for transparency and accountability in government transaction
- Increase government capability for planning, policy formulation and program implementation
A Provincial Government whose computerized operations are responsive to the challenges of Local Governance, National Growth and Globalization through its Bulacan Information System
MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS:
To effectively achieve the objectives, PITO functions are grouped into specific areas of concerns:
IMPLEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM PLAN OF THE PROVINCE
- Design and implement a corporate-wide information system plan that is consistent with the goals of the PGB;
- Implements the Bulacan Information System (BIS);
- Identifies requirements, and develops and maintains component application systems;
- Conducts trainings to operating department personnel and ensures smooth operations of the developed component application systems;
- Recommends the purchase of latest software and peripherals, and the upgrading of computer hardware; and
- Continuous evaluation and upgrading of existing information system plan to address changing information and process requirements.
- Continuous evaluation of PITO functions, policies and guidelines for better organization of its resources and for more professional services.
- Continuous PITO staff training and skills upgrading to cope with technology trends.
- Performing other related functions as may be directed by the Governor and/or by the Provincial Administrator.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an efficient and effective integrated system-wide-e-based information system ("paperless bureaucracy") including the development, installation and operation of network services
- Links, coordinates with other offices and makes available technical assistance in the development, implementation and sustenance of e-based information system
The PITO is designed to provide organized information to support operations at all levels of the organization and provide systems for organized, accessible, timely and accurate information.
Thus, the Provincial Information Technology Office was established to computerize strategic operations of the Provincial Government, namely, revenue generation, fiscal management, supply and property management, development planning and management, records management and to achieve inter-LGU information linkages for greater efficiency.
Strategic Operations of the Provincial Government:
FISCAL MANAGEMENT AND REVENUE GENERATION
- Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- An integrated system used by the three (3) financial offices namely the Budget Office, Accounting Office and Treasury Office.
- Provides an updated and accurate assessment roll of all real property units
- Generates assessment notices, tax bills, and list of past due accounts
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Handled by the Provincial Human Resource Management Office (PHRMO)
- Maintains all employee records including service records, trainings and other pertinent information
- Integrates payroll and timekeeping modules
- Developed for the Bulacan Medical Center and District Hospitals of Bulacan
- Tool to monitor the status of medical supplies in the hospitals
- Maintains patients' records
- Application for record keeping and reporting of the items of capital inventory controlled by each department
- Delivers the specific and precise location of a financial document
- Integrated in the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Facilitates computerized record-keeping and report generation of disaster-related data used by the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO).
- Each department can have simultaneous communications with the other departments Inter-office communications are sent and received through electronic connection
- Employs structured architecture for the local area network (LAN) with fiber optic technology as the backbone.
- Facilitates Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony technology to enable better communication medium among offices at least cost and making room for integrated voice and data.
WEBSITES AND MULTIMEDIA
- Provincial Government of Bulacan (PGB) Official Website
- Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) Website
https://bulacan.gov.ph/ contains vital information about the province of Bulacan
- Provides information on the members of the Sanggunian as well as their approved resolutions and ordinances
- Features the latest events and activities of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
Provides information on the current set of PCL-Bulacan Chapter officers and members and the programs and services lined up for its members
Provides information on the current set of LNB-Bulacan Chapter officers and members and the programs and services lined up for its members
- The site offers hydrological information such as daily tide schedule, rainfall and status of dams in the province
- Provides statistical records and generation of report of flood incidents in Bulacan
The E-Procurement website aims to provide transparency in governance by allowing the public to view all items and projects of the Provincial Government of Bulacan that are subject for bidding and quotation.
Incorporates the whole services of the school and serves as a facility for communication particularly with students' corner, academic programs and other pertinent services provided by BPC.
This website aims to attain and ensure gender-responsive local governance through the development and implementation of Gender and Development (GAD) related laws, policies and programs which are important aspect of gender-responsive good governance.
The BPSTPC website shows off not only of the center's contemporary machines and equipment and high standards of packaging and label designing but also of its personnel who possess high levels of competence and expertise. Since it is the very first government-run Packaging Center in the Philippines, it has become a point of reference for all government established and to be established packaging centers in the country. This project fundamentally aims to make Bulacan products become more competitive in the local and foreign markets, help foster livelihood and consequently aid in alleviating poverty.
This site makes available to Bulakenyos all the PESO activities, news, events and announcements. It ensures the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information about DOLE programs. It also serves as a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options, labor market situation in the area and actually seek assistance they prefer from the Bulacan PESO.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Online aims to provide readily available information across all levels of PGB work force.
- HRIS is a database system that helps the PGB employees keep track of the different types of information related to his employment at PGB. It is an information system that provides a complete online application that is accessible by PGB employees from any location with internet access. HRIS online corresponds to the network-based desktop application system used by the Provincial Human Resource Management Office (PHRMO).
- Generally, HRIS is an integrated system comprising of personnel, time-keeping, and payroll management systems.
- Provides a link to the Socio-Economic Profiling System (SEPS) that the Provincial Planning and Development Office (PPDO) developed and manages to provide important information in the local level. It serves as a general reference material for use not only by provincial planners but also by researchers, students, and the general public who wants to know anything about Bulacan.
- The site focuses on the characterization of the socio-economic dimensions of the province of Bulacan for the year specified. The contents will update the citizenry on land information, geography, financial resources, population, education, health, cooperatives, agriculture, trade and industry, infrastructure, tourism, and other compilations of data collected from various agencies and organizations.
Gives PGB department heads and employees a web mail service connected to the PGB intranet that offers email access using a webmail client that has the ability to send and receive email anywhere from a web browser thus, making communication within and outside the provincial government easier.
- Dangal ng Lipi (DNL) Website - PPDO
- Gawad Galing Barangay (GGB) Website - PPDO
- Gawad Singkaban Website - PHACTO
- SINEliksik Bulacan Docufest Website - PHACTO
- Library and Information Services Award Website - PHACTO
- Gintong Kabataan Award (GKA) Website - PYSPESO
- Gawad Galing Kooperatiba (GGK) Website - PCEDO
This website showcases the annual selection of deserving Bulakeños who have excelled in their chosen fields of endeavor.
The Provincial Government of Bulacan aims to acknowledge achievements at grassroot level, thus, giving birth to Gawad Galing Barangay. This award gives recognition to barangay projects, officials and volunteer groups that exemplify effectiveness, people empowerment and positive impact to their respective barangays.
This website facilitates the selection and features the awardees of Gawad Singkaban. This award aims to promote tourism in the province and at the same time encourage our cities and municipalities to improve and preserve the beauty of our nature and provincial landmarks.
This website provides information about the conduct of SINEliksik Bulacan DocuFest. The said competition highlights the life and works of Bulakenyong Bayani ng Sining and Pambansang Alagad ng Sining.
This site is presenting a project of the Provincial Government of Bulacan thru the Provincial History, Arts, Culture and Tourism Office (PHACTO) - Bulacan Provincial Library. It aims to motivate librarians to introduce innovations in its library programs. It recognizes the importance of having a Bulacañana Collection in every public library in the province.
This website aims to present Bulakenyo youth who are excellent and well capable in their chosen field of expertise. Thus, serve them as a model to others to imitate and be recognized not only in our country but also the world.
This site showcases outstanding cooperatives in Bulacan which have shown commendable accomplishments in the area of cooperative organization, management, financial and participation in community development.
Engr. Rhea Liza L. Ramos-Valerio
Provincial Information Technology Office (PITO)
2nd Floor, Nicolas Buendia Hall,
Provincial Capitol Building,
Malolos City, Bulacan, Philippines 3000
Tel.: +63(44) 791-8136 / 8137