Bulacan Environment and Natural Resources Office
Toward this end we are committed to pursue...the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of environment and development of natural resources.
ENRO is the primary advocate of an effective and efficient management of environment and natural resources.
- Develops and causes the implementation of the provincial plan for the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of the environment and natural resources of the provinces
- Develops and issues implementing guidelines, procedures and standards for the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of the environment and natural resources including those that pertain to effective enforcement of existing rules and regulations
- Develops, installs and maintains an effective system of monitoring, evaluation of plan implementation and enforcement of rules and regulations
- Links with other offices and agencies for effective plan implementation and enforcement of rules and regulations
Based on the 1991 Local Government Code, the Provincial ENRO shall take charge of the office on environment and natural resources and shall:
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the Governor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources services as provided for under Section 17 of the 1991 Local Government Code;
- Develop plans and strategies on environment and natural resources programs and projects and implement the same upon approval thereof by the Governor;
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the Provincial ENRO shall:
- Establish maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangrove areas, greenbelts and similar forest projects and commercial forest like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects;
- Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and technical, financial and infrastructure assistance;
- Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and render assistance for natural resource- related conservation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance;
- Manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forest and tree parks;
- Promote small- scale mining and utilization of mineral resources, particularly mining of gold;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non- governmental organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources, particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of man- made and natural calamities and disasters;
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the Governor on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.
A. Forest Management
- Implementation of community based forestry projects.
- Management, protection, rehabilitation and maintenance of small watershed areas, which are sources of local water supply.
- Enforcement of forest laws in community based forestry projects.
B. Environmental Management
- Enforcement of pollution control and environmental protection laws, rules and regulations.
- Implementation of solid waste and other environmental management system and services.
- Abatement of noise and other forms of nuisance.
- Implementations of cease and desist order.
- Provide technical assistance and information to various groups, sectors, councils and organizations related to the environmental concern.
- Support services to identified families in alleviating the poverty incidence.
- Support other NGO's, private agencies, local and national agencies for the implementation of their project.
- Finalist for Flavor of the Month Activities for three (3) consecutive years
- Finalist for Tipid Movement
Atty. Julius Victor C. Degala
Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office
2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol Building
Malolos City, Bulacan 3000 Philippines
Tel.: +63(44) 791-8163 / 8164