CITY OF MALOLOS – The Provincial Government of Bulacan through the Provincial Health Office-Public Health closely monitors dengue cases in Bulacan and shared that all the disease reporting units in the province are actively sending data to the Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit.
Gov. Daniel R. Fernando said that when it comes to health, the province will not lower its guard but will always find ways to help fellow Bulakenyos.
In the latest record, there were a cumulative total of 7,929 suspected dengue cases in the province from January 1 to October 5, 2019 which is 35 percent higher compared to the cases reported from the same period in 2018.
According to Dr. Jocelyn Gomez, head of the PHO-PH, the increase in number is due to the encouragement that all reporting units must be active.
“Talagang hinikayat natin ang lahat na magreport sa atin para monitored natin ang galaw ng dengue, para nang sa gayon walang maiiwan na hindi nagamot, para hindi na rin kumalat pa,” Gomez said.
Also, 21 deaths were recorded as compared 16 deaths last year.
In line with this, everyone was encouraged to continue the 4S strategy or the Search and destroy mosquito-breeding sites; secure Self-protection measures like wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts and daily use of mosquito repellent; Seek early consultation; and Support fogging/spraying only in hotspot areas where increase in cases is registered for two consecutive weeks to prevent an impending outbreak.
This was also discussed in Barangay Summit held in September that tapped barangays to become partners in program implementations where their important role in achieving goals and speedy information dissemination was emphasized.