Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan to be placed under ECQ anew
Fernando calls on unity and obedience to law
By: PPAO
Sunday, 28 March 2021
CITY OF MALOLOS- Bulacan Governor Daniel R. Fernando called for Bulakenyos' unity and obedience to law as Bulacan, together with other areas included in the "NCR bubble" composed of Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal, will be put under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) starting on Monday, March 29, 2021 until April 4, 2021.

In his Facebook live last night, the governor said that the government's step to put the abovementioned areas in a stricter quarantine protocol was done to arrest the spike of COVID cases in the country.

"Dama ko po ang inyong kalagayan. Matagal na tayong nakikipaglaban sa pandemyang ito at ngayon pa lamang po tayo unti-unting bumabangon sa lahat ng bagay. Sa kasamaang palad, itong sabay-sabay na paglabas ng tao, kasama po ang pagpasok ng bagong variants ay lubhang nagpabilis sa pag-akyat ng mga bagong kaso ng COVID-19. Sa isang linggong lockdown po, hiling ko po ang pagkakaisa nating lahat, pagtalima sa batas, pagpapairal ng minimum health standards, at pagdadamayan sa ating bago na namang pagsubok," the governor said.

He also requested for the province's religious groups to pray for God's intervention for the safety of the Bulakenyos.

"Gamitin natin ang sandiling ito ng Kuwaresma, para sa taimtim na panalangin at pagsusumamo natin sa ating Dakilang Diyos na Siyang tanging kapangyarihan na makapagpapahinto at tatapos sa pandemyang ito," Fernando said.

In addition to the previously issued Executive Orders for monitoring of mass gatherings; liquor ban; and barangay ronda, Fernando mentioned that he will issue another Executive Order for the barangay captains to provide quarantine or isolation facilities in each of their areas.

According to the governor, under ECQ, there will be a strict stay at home order; limited public transport wherein jeepneys and tricycles are allowed but with observance of social distancing and minimum health standard protocols; curfew from 6:00 pm to 5:00 am; no mall operations except essential goods and services with 50% operational capacity for restaurants that are only available for take-out and deliveries; limited interzonal mobility; and heightened restrictions on checkpoints. But, he said to wait for the official issuance from the national government for clarity.

According to the latest report of the Provincial Health Office-Public Health, as of March 27, 2021, Bulacan has 2,753 total number of active cases with 384 fresh cases, 271 late cases, 156 newly verified recoveries, zero newly verified deaths. ###

Back to 2021 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan