CITY OF MALOLOS – Some 164 Bulakenyo youth will experience a productive summer vacation after being chosen as beneficiaries of the annual Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) of the Provincial Government of Bulacan and Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) starting April until May of this year.
Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado said the program aims to help underprivileged but deserving students pay their education by providing additional income through SPES every summer vacation.
“Sinisiguro po ng ating pamahalaan na sa pamamagitan ng pagkakaloob ng trabaho tuwing bakasyon, mapaghahandaan ng mga kabataang ito ang kanilang kinabukasan”, Alvarado said.
The SPES beneficiaries will receive a ‘salary’ wherein 60 percent of it will come from their employer while the remaining 40 percent will be shouldered by the DOLE.
According to Kristine Plamenco, a student of Bachelor of Arts in Communication at Baliwag University and SPES beneficiary, the program helped her a lot in pursuing her college education.
“Dahil sa SPES, nakatulong po ako sa aking magulang sa mga bayarin sa unibersidad para sa kasunod na pagbubukas ng semestre, marami din po akong natutunan at na-inspire din po akong magtrabaho sa gobyerno dahil sa aking naging karanasan noon”, Plamenco said.
The SPES is being implemented by the Provincial Youth, Sports, Employment and Development Office – Bulacan Provincial Public Employment Service Office (PESO) wherein deserving students are given opportunities to work in public and private agencies.