Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan adopts and implements guidelines on the imposition of enhanced community quarantine
By: PPAO
Thursday, 19 March 2020
CITY OF MALOLOS - In one with the nation, Gov. Daniel R. Fernando signed the Executive Order No. 14 yesterday stating that the province of Bulacan is hereby adopting the Memorandum from the Executive Secretary on March 16, 2020 and enjoined the strict implementation of the guidelines in the imposition of an Enhanced Community Quarantine and Stringent Social Distancing Measures.

“Lahat po ng ito ay para sa atin, hindi po gagawa ang gobyerno ng ikasasama ng mga mamamayan, magtiwala po tayo sa gobyerno, magkaisa at makiisa po tayo nang sa gayon mabilis din tayong makabalik sa normal kung mabilis ding masusugpo ang COVID-19, gawin po natin ang parte natin,” Fernando pleaded.

As stated in the Memorandum, pursuant to Proclamation No. 929 and 922 s of 2020 and Republic Act No. 11332, following the sharp increase in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, all heads of departments, offices, agencies and instrumentalities of the government were directed to adopt, coordinate and implement the said guidelines over the entire Luzon until April 13, 2020 at 12 am.

In his EO, Fernando cooperated and adopted the class suspension until April 14, 2020; mass gathering prohibition; strict home quarantine observation in all households in Bulacan; arranged a work from home set up except from PNP, AFP, PCG and those who are in health, and emergency frontline and other critical services who are on a skeletal workforce schedules.

Moreover, there were also guidelines in mass public transport facilities’ suspension, restriction in land, air and sea travel.

In addition, the governor stated that the directives shall be implemented as unanimously approved by all local chief executives including all municipalities and cities and shall provide and make accessible marked vehicles for Persons under Monitoring (PUMs) and Persons under Investigation (PUIs) for possible infection of COVID-19, designate a facility for quarantine for the said people according to the guidelines of the Department of Health and strict implementation of a province wide curfew from 8 pm to 5 am.

It is also clearly stated that failure to abide by the guidelines and measures shall be subjected to appropriate action in accordance with the law.

Meanwhile, according to the Provincial Health Office-Public Health, as of March 18, 2020 at 4 pm, there are six confirmed COVID-19 cases in Bulacan, two from the City of San Jose del Monte, one from the City of Malolos, one each from Baliwag and Guiguinto and one from San Ildefonso who is also the confirmed death case in the province; while there are 87 PUIs and 71 PUMs.

As for the case in San Ildefonso, PHO-PH Head Dr. Jocelyn Gomez said that it was not previously reported because the patient does not reside in Bulacan but in London.

Back to 2020 Government News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan