Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
All classes in Bulacan suspended until Saturday
Fernando urges the public to remain calm amidst health emergency
By: PPAO
Wednesday, 11 March 2020
CITY OF MALOLOS- Following the recent announcement of the Department of Health that there are now 33 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, from which one is a Bulakenyo from the City of San Jose del Monte, Bulacan, Gov. Daniel R. Fernando continued the class suspension in all levels, both public and private schools in the province from yesterday to March14, 2020.

He also appealed to the public to remain calm in the middle of this health emergency due to the threat of the said disease that is increasing rapidly, and encouraged everyone to pray.

“Tayo ay nagsasagawa ng contact tracing alinsunod sa direktiba ng Department of Health at Bulacan Provincial Health Office-Public Health kasama ang City Health Office of San Jose Del Monte upang matukoy ang mga nakasalamuha ng pasyente at magsagawa ng patuloy na beripikasyon. Ang mga estudyante ay mag-aral pa rin sa kani-kanilang mga bahay,” Fernando said.

He also said that he hopes nothing but to ensure the health and safety of every Bulakenyo and that the Provincial Government of Bulacan will do everything to protect its residents, thus prohibiting mass gatherings in the meantime.

Earlier on, the governor also signed the Memorandum GO DRF031020-91 that orders all mayors, health officers and barangay captains to strictly implement necessary preventive measures as stated in Proclamation No. 922 and in accordance to Republic Act No. 11332 or the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act.

Mayors and barangay captains are asked to perform Sustained Inter-agency coordination, ensure backup systems to address surge capacity, and establish logistic management system while the health officers are asked to sustain level of public awareness to minimize fear, anxiety and unrest.

Further, the Provincial Health Office-Public Health reminded the residents about the importance of practicing personal preventive measures such as hand hygiene, cough etiquette, social distancing, and proper cooking.

Meanwhile, in a media briefing held by the DOH, Asec. Ma. Rosario Vergeire said that confirmed cases were admitted in different hospitals including San Lazaro, RITM, Makati Medical Center, Saint Luke’s BGC and Quezon City, The Medical City, Jose N. Rodriguez, Cardinal Santos, Lung Center, and the repatriated patients were in New Clark City.###

Back to 2020 Government News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan