CITY OF MALOLOS – Bulacan Governor Daniel R. Fernando reminds the public to keep a vigilant eye on dengue, which is a year-round disease.
This is amidst the seven percent drop on cases of dengue in the province compared to last year.
According to the Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit of the Provincial Health Office-Public Heath, they have consolidated a cumulative total of 1,718 suspected Dengue cases from January 1 to July 3, 2021 with three dengue related deaths.
“Manatili po tayong maalam, mapagmatyag at maingat. Ang dami po nating kalaban hindi lang ang COVID-19 na nagparalisa sa lipunan mahigit nang isang taon, hindi rin po nawawala ang dengue na malaking banta sa kalusugan nating mga Bulakenyo,” Fernando said.
The governor is also calling for the cooperation of every Bulakenyo to practice the 4S strategy against dengue including “Search and Destroy” mosquito breeding places, “Secure Self Protection” from mosquito bite, “Seek Early Consultation” when signs and symptoms of dengue occur, and “Say Yes to Fogging” as a last resort when there is an impending outbreak.
“Sikapin po nating panatilihing malinis ang ating kapaligiran, alam po natin kung paano maiiwasan, kumilos po tayo, magtulungan po tayo,” he said.
The Department of Health explained that dengue is transmitted through a bite of dengue-infected Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. These mosquitoes can lay eggs in any space or container that holds clear and stagnant water like a bottle cap, dish dryer, plant axil, gutter, trash can, old rubber tire, etc. and usually bite between 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset, whether inside or outside the house. ###