CITY OF MALOLOS – The Provincial Government of Bulacan (PGB) has placed the province under state of calamity due to the alarming increase of dengue prevalence recorded as the month of September 2015 ends.
Through the Panlalawigang Kapasyahan Blg. 308-T’15, “Kapasyahan na nagpapahayag na ang Bulacan ay nasa ilalim ng state of calamity upang matugunan aang paglaganap ng sakit na dengue sa lalawigan,” Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado declared that the PGB will allocate P39 million calamity fund to prevent the continuous rise of dengue cases in the province, wherein a few have died.
Aside from the free hospitalization and medication to dengue patients, Alvarado also said that Dengue Express Lanes will be provided in all hospitals run by the PGB to give Bulakenyos easy access and relief.
Based on the record of the Provincial Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (PESU), as of September 30, there are 4, 771 cases of dengue reported in the province since January with 11 fatalities.
The incidence of dengue has grown dramatically and has a cumulative increase of 230 percent compared to last year’s statistics which was 1,342.
From the said report, children who are 11-20 yrs. old has the most number of dengue cases with 38.8 percent.
Moreover, municipalities and cities with the highest number of dengue cases as reported are City of San Jose Del Monte with 615 cases, Santa Maria with 409 cases, San Rafael with 401, Bustos with 329 and San Miguel with 278.
Meanwhile, the PGB also continues to intensify the provincewide information drive to educate the public on how to prevent dengue, to promote the 4’o clock habit against dengue and to encourage them to join the Aksyon Barangay Kontra Dengue activity of their respective barangays.