Provincial Government of Bulacan

103 Bulakenyo youths benefit from PGB, DOLE’s SPES

CITY OF MALOLOS – One hundred three Bulakenyo youths were fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to have worked temporarily and save money to support their education through the Special Program for Employment of Student (SPES) of the Provincial Government of Bulacan and Department of Labor and Employment, which started last April 2018.

The said program aims to support the poor but deserving youths ages 15-25 years old including out of school youth and children of displaced local and overseas workers.

According to Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado, “isang magandang oportunidad ang SPES para sa mga kabataang Bulakenyo sapagkat hindi lamang sila nagkakaroon ng karagdagang kita, nadaragdagan din ang kanilang kaalaman at eksperyensa sa larangan ng paghahanapbuhay.”

The said summer job lasted for 20 days in the PGB, 30 days in private companies and 78 days in two fast food chain companies.

Jennifer R. Duca, focal person of SPES from the Provincial Youth, Sports, Public Employment Service Office, said that the beneficiaries of SPES received a ‘salary’ wherein 60 percent came from their employer while the remaining 40 percent was shouldered by the DOLE.

She added that around 2,442 Bulakenyo youths benefited in the said program that was implemented by PESO in different municipalities in the province this past vacation.

The program is being implemented for 25 years since the DOLE started it in 1993.