The Provincial Information Technology Office is committed to:
- Enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Improve the delivery of basic services to the people
- Provide a mechanism for transparency and accountability in government transaction
- Increase government capability for planning, policy formulation and program implementation
A Provincial Government whose computerized operations are responsive to the challenges of Local Governance, National Growth and Globalization through its Bulacan Information System
MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS:
To effectively achieve the objectives, PITO functions are grouped into specific areas of concerns:
IMPLEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM PLAN OF THE PROVINCE
- Design and implement a corporate-wide information system plan that is consistent with the goals of the PGB;
- Implements the Bulacan Information System (BIS);
- Identifies requirements, and develops and maintains component application systems;
- Conducts trainings to operating department personnel and ensures smooth operations of the developed component application systems;
- Recommends the purchase of latest software and peripherals, and the upgrading of computer hardware; and
- Continuous evaluation and upgrading of existing information system plan to address changing information and process requirements.
- Continuous evaluation of PITO functions, policies and guidelines for better organization of its resources and for more professional services.
- Continuous PITO staff training and skills upgrading to cope with technology trends.
- Performing other related functions as may be directed by the Governor and/or by the Provincial Administrator.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an efficient and effective integrated system-wide-e-based information system ("paperless bureaucracy") including the development, installation and operation of network services
- Links, coordinates with other offices and makes available technical assistance in the development, implementation and sustenance of e-based information system
The PITO is designed to provide organized information to support operations at all levels of the organization and provide systems for organized, accessible, timely and accurate information.
Thus, the Provincial Information Technology Office was established to computerize strategic operations of the Provincial Government, namely, revenue generation, fiscal management, supply and property management, development planning and management, records management and to achieve inter-LGU information linkages for greater efficiency.
Strategic Operations of the Provincial Government:
- Fiscal Management & Revenue Generation
1. Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- An integrated system used by the three (3) financial offices namely the Budget Office, Accounting Office and Treasury Office.
2. Real Property Tax Information System (RPTIS)
- Provides an updated and accurate assessment roll of all real property units
- Generates assessment notices, tax bills, and list of past due accounts
1. Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Handled by the Provincial Human Resource Management Office (PHRMO)
- Maintains all employee records including service records, trainings and other pertinent information
- Integrates payroll and timekeeping modules
2. Bulacan Hospitals Information System (BHIS)
- Developed for the Bulacan Medical Center and District Hospitals of Bulacan
- Tool to monitor the status of medical supplies in the hospitals
- Maintains patients' records
3. Property, Plant and Equipment Inventory Management
- Application for record keeping and reporting of the items of capital inventory controlled by each department
4. Financial Document Tracking System
- Delivers the specific and precise location of a financial document
- Integrated in the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
5. Bulacan Polytechnic College Registrar Information
- Maintains records of students' profiling and academic information, class history, schedules, and tuition fees
6. Disaster Management Information System (DMIS)
- Facilitates computerized record-keeping and report generation of disaster-related data used by the Provincial Disaster Management Office (PDMO).
7. Tracking of Illegal Drug Cases Information System
- Developed for the Philippine National Police (PNP) – Bulacan
- This automates the recording and monitoring of illegal drug cases in the province
8. Provincial Cooperative and Enterprise Development
Office Record-Keeping System (PCEDO-RKS)
- Maintains records of all cooperatives in Bulacan. Provides online updating and retrieval of records using the internet technology.
9. Network and Communications
- Each department can have simultaneous communications with the other departments Inter-office communications are sent and received through electronic connection
- Employs structured architecture for the local area network (LAN) with fiber optic technology as the backbone.
- Facilitates Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony technology to enable better communication medium among offices at least cost and making room for integrated voice, data, and video telephony .
1. Provincial Government of Bulacan (PGB) Official
- http:///www.bulacan.gov.ph contains vital information about the province of Bulacan
2. Bulacan Job Central
- Serves as a venue for employers to post their job vacancies and for jobseekers to apply for a position parallel to his qualifications.
- Aims to provide employment especially to Bulakenyo jobseekers
3. Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) Website
- Provides information on the members of the Sanggunian as well as their approved resolutions and ordinances
- Features the latest events and activities of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
4. Provincial Councilors League (PCL) Website
- Provides information on the current set of PCL officers and members and the programs and services lined up for its members
5. Provincial Disaster Management Office Website
- The site offers hydrological information such as daily tide schedule, rainfall and status of dams in the province
- Provides statistical records and generation of report of flood incidents in Bulacan
- The E-Procurement website aims to provide transparency in governance by allowing the public to view all items and projects of the Provincial Government of Bulacan that are subject for bidding and quotation.
7. Case Tracking of Illegal Drugs Information System
- A web-based system intended for the monitoring of illegal drug cases in the province
- An initiative project of the 5 Pillars of Justice
8. Real Property Tax Website
- The website intends to impart information regarding classification of real properties including their imposed taxes, how to compute as well as when and how to pay them. This also highlights programs initiated by the provincial government that will benefit the taxpayers.
9. Bulacan Polytechnic College (BPC) Website
- Incorporates the whole services of the school and serves as a facility for communication particularly with students' corner, academic programs and other pertinent services provided by BPC.
10. Techical Education and Skills Development Authority
- An electronic way of reaching out to the stakeholders of TESDA, utilizing the state of the art information and communication technology, towards a sustained improvement of their services and partnerships.
11. Panlalawigang Komisyon Para Sa Kababaihan Ng
Bulacan (PKKB) Website
- Contains the inspiring history of the province with significant recognition to the Women of Bulacan and stands to commemorate the greatness of their courageous services transpired by the advocacy of our venerable Bulakeñas with golden hearts to serve.
Engr. Rhea Liza L. Ramos-Valerio
Provincial Information Technology Office
2nd Floor Nicolas Buendia Hall
Capitol Building, Capitol Compound
Malolos City, Bulacan, Philippines 3000
Tel.: +63(44) 791-8137